Monday, May 11, 2009

True Elements

Here are my photos from the True Elements Jam on Saturday. Even though I've never done graffiti - well I tried a few times, but it was a disaster - I have always had a HUGE respect for it as an art form. There is no bigger goal than to get your name "out there" and what better way to do that than to have it blasted all over your city. It's amazing to me the risks writers take for some recognition, it's that same dedication that draws me in to this culture so much.

Lately, the Miami graffiti scene has been getting a lot of recognition world wide due to the bright colors and style of writers down here, which is a direct correlation to life here in Miami. I can't wait to go to this event next year and see how all these artists have grown - actually I don't have to wait, all I have to do is drive around for a little while.